Friday, February 4, 2011

A new leaf

There will be a new kind of work coming from me in the next few months, and hopefully more. I am finally seeing art as what it has always been to me. A means of meaning. Not about strict representation, but about expression and vision, with color, texture and process. Im beginning to explore who I will become as an artist

these are some artists who i am looking to right now

julie mehretu
anselm kiefer
william kentridge
frank stella
mark tansey
andreas Gursky
adam fowler
david rabinowitch
saul becker
kristine moran
ben grasso
joan mitchell
matthew cornell
sam francis
Elizabeth neel
rossen crow
karen lamonte
nikki lindt
berrisford boothe
norman lewis
john pinderhughes
maxwell doig
sydia reyes
nola zirin
tayo heuser
richard mclean
keung szeto
robert zandvliet
wolf kahn
wayne thiebaud

3 comments:

  1. Mmh - I can't wait to see what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are accurate. It is really about vision and expression. Find your own voice. It will evolve on its own. Don't force it. What really interests you ??

    Matthew Cornell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you commentary Matthew. I will be putting up documentation of my recent work on this blog very soon and would love to have a conversation concerning its impact and the presence that is evoked upon viewing it

    Erik Gordon

    ReplyDelete