Sunday, December 19, 2010

wrap up of the semester


well the semester is finally over! it has been an interesting and very informational semester of drawing the figure. looking back on the last 4 months my drawing abilities have definitely improved and i am a stronger more confident artist because of it. some of the things that i have collected in my bag of tricks from life drawing one are things like contour lines and cross contour lines, body proportions and perspective, a great understanding of the body's structure, atmospheric perspective, an equally good understanding of shells and how to draw them, and a whole lot of good times in the class room hahaaaa ok. The gesture drawing part of the class really helped me to loosen up and draw with my whole body instead of just my wrist. being more active in my drawing process has given me good results and i think they will just keep getting better as i continue to use these tactics in my drawings. i have found that you have to commit to one style of drawing while u are studying drawing, because if you try and incorporate too many different techniques, they can cancel each other out and ruin the whole thing. i look forward to seeing where the things ive learned this semester will pop up and really give me a great drawing in the future, untill then, its been fun but its time to take a break and relax!

FINAL PORTFOLIO http://www.flickr.com/photos/55389276@N02/

1 comment:

  1. I also feel that we learned a lot about the proportions of the human body. This should really help me out when creating characters on the computer of people for my games and i hope it helps you later on too!

    ReplyDelete